Have questions about our Certificate in Online Culinary Arts program? You’ve come to the right place. Don't see what you're looking for? Contact us here.
- Is the Professional Program 100% online?
- Are there certain times I have to participate in live class time?
- How do I learn the culinary arts online?
- How do I get graded on my cooking assignments if the instructor is not there to see it or taste it?
- How do I enroll?
- How much time per week is required to be successful in the program?
- Is the Professional Program accredited?
- How long does it take to complete the Professional Program?
- What will I learn in the Professional Program?
- How many cooking assignments will I complete in the program?
- Does your program include an industry externship?
- How much does the Professional Program cost?
- Do you offer financing?
- What culinary organizations is Escoffier recognized by?
How do I learn the culinary arts online?
Each week you will have a topic that will be broken down into 3 stages.
- Step 1: Research- Each week will begin with your assigned chapters that you will read pertaining to the featured technique. You will also participate in discussion boards where you interact with other students like a classroom environment.
- Step 2: See it- You have the opportunity to do this in various ways. First, you will have access to the step-by-step videos that are archived in your online campus. You will also have access to your weekly live sessions.
- Step 3: Cook- With all your preparations done, you can now execute the technique by following our production sheet from start to finish, taking photos where instructed to.
How do I get graded on my cooking assignments if the instructor is not there to see it or taste it?
Each of your cooking assignments will contain 3 steps (see below). These steps ensure you are getting accurate feedback and grading. Your chef will include voice feedback with each assignment.
- Step 1: Narrative- Submit a brief summary of the assignment (lessons learned, insights gained, triumphs and problems)
- Step 2: Submit Pictures- Each technique will have a list of pictures that you will submit with each assignment. Example: your mise-en-place, a close up picture of your carrots showing proper knife cuts, a picture of your food plated.
- Step 3: Flavor Journal- Our program trains you extensively on creating your flavor memories so you understand things like tastes, consistencies, textures, and aromas. For that reason, each submitted assignment includes a detailed explanation of the above characteristics of your dish.
How do I enroll?
If you are ready to get the application process started, please contact our Admissions Department at 855-983-5997 and one of our admissions advisors will walk you through the short application process. You can also apply online.
What will I learn in the Professional Program?
In our program you will be extensively trained in culinary techniques, learn the basics of the pastry arts as well as acquire knowledge in entrepreneurship and business management. We teach you how to run a kitchen as an executive chef as well as how to start and run a successful food operation.
Does your program include an industry externship?
Yes, the last class of the program will be your 150-hour industry externship. Our Career Services Department will work with you to find an establishment in your surrounding area where you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with a chef, applying everything you learned in the program in a professional kitchen.
How much does the Professional Program cost?
Application Fee (non-refundable): $50
Total tuition cost: $14,995
The tuition costs listed are for the entire program and inclusive of the books and supplies issued by the School. The Application Fee is a one-time fee paid at the time of enrollment.