Yes, the program is 100% online with a mandatory 6-week industry externship, making it a great fit for those with certain circumstances that make it difficult to attend a residential campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the program 100% online?
Are there certain times I have to participate in live class time?
Yes. Each week, students partake in scheduled live discussions through a video platform. Additionally, the discussions are recorded and archived so students are able to use them for reference in the future.
How do I learn the pastry arts online?
Each week of the program, you are given one topic you have to explore through:
- Step 1: Research– To start, you will complete the assigned reading for that week’s featured technique. Additionally, you will participate in virtual discussions with other students from the program.
- Step 2: See it– Whether through our video archives and/or your weekly live sessions, you will visually explore the technique you need to learn. This helps give students a better understanding of what is required when they execute their assignment.
- Step 3: Cook– When you have finished Steps 1 and 2, you are ready to execute the technique by following our production sheet from start to finish, taking photos where instructed to, and submitting your required documents for grading.
How do I get graded on my assignments if the instructor is not there to see it or taste it?
Each of your pastry assignments will contain 3 steps (see below). These steps help ensure our chef educators provide accurate feedback and grading. Each assignment assessment includes voice feedback from one of our chef educators.
- Step 1: Narrative– Provide a summary of the assignment (lessons learned, insights gained, triumphs and problems)
- Step 2: Pictures– Each assignment contains a guide of photos that should be taken while you complete the technique. Example: your mise-en-place, a close up picture of your swiss buttercream, a photo of cookie dough on the sheet pan before entering the oven.
- Step 3: Flavor Journal– Our program trains you extensively on creating your flavor memories so students can build their own palettes for consistencies, textures, and aromas. In order to accurately teach our students how to do this, each assignment requires a detailed explanation of the above characteristics of your dish.
- Step 4: Grading – After you’ve submitted your assignment, our chef educators will carefully review your work and provide grading in the form of video feedback detailing your triumphs and areas of improvement. These videos are yours to keep and review as you see fit, during and after your education with Escoffier.
What is required to enroll in the online pastry arts program?
We require all applicants to provide proof of a high school diploma or equivalent as well as a $25 application fee to enroll in the program. No additional education or training is needed.
How do I enroll?
If you are ready to apply for the online pastry arts program, please contact our Admissions Department at 855-983-5997 and one of our admissions advisors will guide you through the brief application process. You can also apply online here.
How much time per week is required to be successful in the program?
On average, our students require 15 hours-per-week to be successful in our program. This includes your studies as well as pastry assignments. Please be advised, the amount of time it might take you may vary from that number.
Is this program accredited?
Yes. Escoffier Schools is proud to offer the only nationally accredited 100% online pastry arts program in the United States.
How long does it take to complete this program?
The online pastry arts program is an accelerated course. With normal progression, you can complete it in 13 months.
What will I learn?
This program offers extensive training in the techniques of the pastry arts as well as some necessary skills needed for entrepreneurship and business management. This program is intended to teach our students how to run a kitchen as a chef as well as how to begin and maintain a successful food business.
How many assignments will I complete in the program?
Throughout the 13 months you will perform 200 kitchen lab hours.
Does your program include an industry externship?
Yes, the last course of the program is a required 150-hour industry externship. Our Career Services Department can work with you to find an establishment in your surrounding area where you will have the opportunity to apply your training in a professional setting.
How much does the online Professional Pastry Arts program cost?
Application Fee (non-refundable): $25
Total tuition cost: $14,970
Please note: the tuition cost listed is for the entire program and inclusive of the books and supplies issued by the School. The Application Fee is a one-time fee paid at the time of enrollment.
For questions about online financial aid please contact us at:
1-877-452-5489 option 1
Do you offer financing?
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts offers financial aid for those who qualify. Please contact our financial aid department to determine your eligibility.
For questions about financial aid please contact us at:
1-877-452-5489 option 1
Don't see what you're looking for?Contact Us >
637 South Broadway
Boulder, CO 80305
6020-B Dillard Circle
Austin, TX 78752