$800,000 in Scholarships and Grants for 2015
$1,000,000 in Scholarships and Grants for 2016
Mission: Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts (AESCA), strives to afford multiple opportunities for students to fund their education by limiting the use of outside loan sources whenever possible.
Competitive Culinary Scholarships:
Competitive Culinary Arts Scholarships:
2017 Chef Curtis Duffy Scholarship
2017 Chef Curtis Duffy Scholarship
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts presents the 2017 Chef Curtis Duffy Scholarship Competition! Contestants will have the opportunity to compete for 14 scholarships totaling $25,000.
Scholarship Competition Details:
This contest is open to anyone who is interested in attending August Escoffier School of Culinary Arts in Austin or, Boulder (residential diploma programs or the certificate program in Escoffier Online Culinary Arts Fundamentals). Winning videos from each campus will be selected by Curtis Duffy.
Each contestant may submit only one video. The top videos from each campus will win a scholarship to study pastry or culinary arts with Escoffier.
- Austin Campus: 1st place: $5,000 | 2nd place: $2,000 | 3rd place: $1,000 (3 will be chosen for 3rd place)
- Boulder Campus:
- Residential Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts or Pastry Arts: 1st place: $5,000 | 2nd place: $2,000 | 3rd place: $1,000 (3 will be chosen for 3rd place)
- Certificate Program in Escoffier Online Culinary Arts Fundamentals: 1st place: $2,500 | 2nd place: $1,000 | 3rd place: $750 (2 will be chosen for 3rd place
- Austin Campus: Anyone enrolled in our February – November 2017 start.
- Boulder Campus (Residential Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts or Pastry Arts: Anyone enrolled in our February – November 2017 start.
- Boulder Campus (Escoffier Online Culinary Arts Fundamentals Program): Anyone enrolled in our February – April 2017 start.
How to Enter:
To enter, fill out our entry form online:
Step 1: Contestants must upload their video to YouTube and then fill out the entry form online. Please include a video link and upload a picture during this process. Submit here.
- Participants must create a video of themselves sharing all of the following information with Curtis Duffy:
1. Share something unique and interesting about yourself.
2. Why should you be selected for this prestigious scholarship?
3. What person or event inspired you to attend culinary or pastry school?
4. How will you represent the Curtis Duffy Scholarship?
Step 2: Contestants must take a photo with the person, culinary/pastry creation, or thing that has inspired them to attend school.** Upload the photo onto one of their personal Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages and tag “Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts” and hashtag #DuffyScholarship to qualify.
**If your inspiration is unable to be in the picture, you may take it holding a photo of them.
Step 3: By submitting a video, each contestant agrees to the competition rules and concurs to be bound by the final decisions of the judges.
Please note: Deadline for entry is March 31, 2017.
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), ProStart® & SkillsUSA Competition Scholarship Awards
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), ProStart® & SkillsUSA Competition Scholarship AwardsScholarship Award: Any student competing in a food related event is eligible to receive the 1st – 3rd place scholarship awards National Level Each participant receives $500.00 1st place: $7,000.00 2nd place: $5,000.00 3rd place: $3,000.00 State Level Each participant receives $500.00 1st place: $5,000.00 2nd place: $3,000.00 3rd place: $2,000.00 Regional Level Each participant receives $500.00 1st place: $3,000.00 2nd place: $2,000.00 3rd place: $1,500.00 Students must provide proof of the applicable competition award. We will reach out to the appropriate representative for confirmation. To provide proof of the applicable competition award, contact: Austin, TX campus: firstname.lastname@example.org Boulder, CO campus: email@example.com
An Institutional scholarship
- Passion Award
- Child/Spouse of Veteran
- Industry Grant
- Tribal Matching benefit
- Single Parent Grant
The Student Veteran Scholarship may be stacked with the Institutional scholarship category, but cannot exceed the overall scholarship maximum based on FAFSA EFC threshold.
A student that is eligible for Veterans Benefits (i.e., Chapter 33, 30, etc.) is eligible for the Veterans Scholarship without completing a FAFSA.
- 2016 Escoffier High School Student Recipe Scholarship Competition
Other Scholarship Resources
Other Scholarship Resources:
Additional possible sources of grants and scholarships for your research:
Further information is available from the Legacy Awards Co-Chairs, Dames Alison Awerbuch at 914.631.3030 Ext. 526 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sue Huffman Robison at 916.514.8048 or email@example.com.
International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP)
455 South Forth Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Colorado Restaurant Association's Education Fund
430 E. 7th Ave.
Denver, CO 80203
National Restaurant Association (NRA)
1200 17th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036-3907
American Culinary Federation (ACF)
180 Center Place Way
St. Augustine, FL 32085
American Dietetic Association (ADA)
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60606
The James Beard Foundation
167 West 12th St.
New York, NY 10011
American Institute of Wine & Food (AIWF)
213-37 39th Avenue, Box 216
Bayside, NY 11361
Colorado BPW Education Foundation
P.O. Box 1189
Boulder, CO 80306
Women's Foodservice Forum
South Point Office Center
1650 West 82nd Street, Suite 650
Bloomington, MN 55431
International Food Service Executives Association (IFSEA)
2609 Surfwood Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89128