These rolls are soft, tender and will make the perfect addition to your dinner table this holiday season. Hungry for even more fresh baked bread? Attend one of our Home Cook classes.
Soft Dinner Rolls Recipe:
Yields 16 dinner rolls
1 ¼ oz. nonfat dry milk
9 oz. lukewarm water
12 ¾ oz. all-purpose flour
1 ¾ tsp. instant yeast
1 ¼ tsp. salt
1 ¼ oz. sugar
2 oz. butter
1 ½ oz. potato flour
Egg wash: Whisk 1 whole egg with 1 Tbs. water
1. In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the nonfat dry milk and water.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
3. Knead by machine (use dough hook) or remove dough from mixer and knead by hand until the dough is soft and smooth.
4. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for an hour.
5. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled work surface. Weigh and scale the dough into 16 pieces. Shape into small rounds by cupping the dough in your hand and rolling it on the table surface.
6. Let the rolls rise until almost double in size.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
8. Lightly brush the top of each roll with egg wash.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven, brush with melted butter (if desired) and enjoy warm.
© Copyright Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts
Attend a class with us and go home inspired to cook, eat and share delicious memories with your friends and family. Check out our online calendar to see all the Home Cook classes we’re offering.