By Laura Roberts
If you’re a fan of sushi and have always wondered how to make your own special rolls at home, you won’t want to miss Escoffier Austin’s one-day Sushi Workshop, this Friday August 12. Learn to create tasty sushi in your own kitchen with this healthy and delicious class, focusing on authentic Japanese techniques.
In this Home Cook class, you’ll learn:
- Proper rice cooking (and cooling) techniques
- Guidelines for selecting the freshest fish
- Correct techniques for slicing tuna, salmon, unagi, scallops and prawns
- Methods of placement and rolling techniques
- Sushi vocabulary
- Making traditional and contemporary sauces
- Cooking and seasoning techniques, including tempura batters, marinades and pickling
- Garnishing for a beautiful presentation
On the menu: a wide variety of sushi, including recipes for perfect sushi rice, Uramaki (sushi with rice on the outside), Maki (rolled sushi), Nigiri (finger sushi), spicy tuna roll marinade and Amazu Shoga (pickled ginger).
To join us from 5:30 to 9 PM this Friday, August 12, please register with August Bradford by emailing [email protected] or call 1-866-552-2433. Master the art of homemade sushi with our Escoffier Home Cook program!