What’s better than homemade cornbread? Homemade cornbread with honey butter, of course! This recipe comes from our upcoming workshop, Cookin’ Cajun, and it’s sure to please.
1 cup cornmeal
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbs. sugar
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 large eggs
6 Tbs. butter, melted
1 ½ cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and lightly grease an
8-inch cast iron skillet, or an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine together the eggs, buttermilk, and butter. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the corn mixture and fold to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool, slice and serve with honey butter.
6 Tbs. butter, at room temperature
2 Tbs. honey
Method: Add butter and honey to the bowl of a mixer. Whip to combine.
If you are interested in attending Pastry or Culinary School, please contact our campuses for more information:
1.866.552.2433 Austin Campus
1.877.249.0305 Boulder Campus