Transform your kitchen into a Parisian crêperie with this simple recipe from our Basic Cooking Techniques course.
Hungry for more? Attend Sweet & Savory Crêpes on April 12th.
Yields 40-50, small crêpes
8 oz. all-purpose flour
1 oz. granulated sugar
1 pinch salt
6 oz. eggs
1 pint milk
2 ½ oz. clarified butter or vegetable oil
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Add the eggs and just enough of the milk to make a soft paste with the flour. Whisk until smooth and lump free.
- Gradually mix in the rest of the milk and clarified butter or oil. The batter should be about the consistency of heavy cream. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with clarified butter or oil. Pour about ¼ cup batter into skillet. Immediately tilt and swirl pan, coating the bottom of skillet with an even layer of batter.
- Flip when crêpe is a light golden brown. Cook the second side until the batter has just set. Slide the crêpe out of the pan onto a cooling rack. Continue making crêpes, adding more butter or oil, as needed.
For more information about our Pastry Arts Program, contact our campuses.
1.866.552.2433 Austin Campus
1.877.249.0305 Boulder Campus