Unlike pastry or bread dough that you make in your pastry course, pasta dough is simple, forgiving and can be used to make noodles of all shapes and sizes. Give this recipe a try and enjoy fresh pasta from scratch.
Hungry for more? Attend our Pasta, Pasta! workshop.
4 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
15 oz. all-purpose flour
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl.
- Create a well with the flour on a clean, flat work surface.
- Pour egg mixture, plus salt and extra virgin olive oil into well.
- Carefully and slowly combine egg mixture with flour.
- Knead dough until it forms into a ball, 2-3 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Form into a flat disc and cover tightly with plastic wrap, leave at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Roll and form as desired. Cook in salted, boiling water until al dente.
If you are interested in attending Culinary School, contact our campuses for more information:
1.866.552.2433 Austin Campus
1.877.249.0305 Boulder Campus