These tasty lamb burgers with fresh mint gremolata come from our upcoming workshop, Go Greek.
1 lb. boneless lamb shoulder OR 1 lb. ground lamb
1 tsp. fresh oregano
1 tsp. fresh mint
1 tsp. fresh rosemary
1 tsp. fennel seed
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground coriander
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
For the Mint Gremolata:
2 cups fresh Italian parsley
½ cup fresh mint
2 cloves garlic
2 lemons, zested
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the lamb shoulder into small cubes, and using a meat grinder grind the lamb on the largest setting.
- Then pass through the grinder a second time using the smaller setting grinder.
- In large bowl, combine spices with ground lamb. Mix well and refrigerate.
- For the Gremolata: Using only the leaves of the herbs, finely mince the parsley and mint. Peel and finely mince the garlic cloves. Combine the herbs, garlic and zest together and season lightly with a pinch of salt. Add olive oil in a steady stream combining well until a smooth paste forms. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Form 4 patties, about ¾ inch thick. Grill 4 minutes on each side or until burgers are medium.
- Place each lamb burger in a slice of toasted pita bread, with a spoonful of Mint Gremolata, tzatziki sauce, arugula and sliced tomato before serving.
If you are interested in attending a home cook class, please contact our campus for more information:
1.877.249.0305 Boulder Campus