Enjoy this crowd-pleasing dip of spicy chorizo, roasted peppers and gooey cheese while you’re cheering on your favorite team this Sunday.
1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded & diced
1 jalapeno, roasted, peeled, seeded & diced
6 oz. ground pork chorizo (or hot Italian sausage)
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
½ cup diced yellow onion
3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 cup Mexican beer (such as Corona)
8 oz. sharp cheddar, grated
8 oz. Monterey Jack, grated
4 oz. mozzarella, grated
½ cup tomato salsa
Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chorizo, breaking it up as it cooks. Transfer to a paper towel-lined dish and set aside.
- In the same skillet heat oil and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in roasted peppers and sprinkle flour over mixture. Let cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in beer and bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any browned bits.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in cheeses, ½ cup at a time allowing cheese to melt between each addition. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with reserved chorizo, salsa and serve warm with tortilla chips.
If you are interested in attending Pastry or Culinary School, contact our campuses for more information:
1.866.552.2433 Austin Campus
1.877.249.0305 Boulder Campus