Cook, Eat and Be Merry!
The gift of cooking brings delicious rewards
Thanks for cooking with us in 2013! Take 15% off any Home Cook class* – enter promo code COOKIES before February 1, 2014. (*Excluding Gift Certificates). Also, enjoy the delicious double ginger cookie recipe below!
Recipe: Double Ginger Cookies
Yield: Makes about 4 dozen cookies
2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
2 ½ tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
6 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 c. sugar 1 large egg
1 ¼ c. molasses
3 tbsp. finely chopped crystallized ginger
Granulated sugar for crunchy coating
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until very fluffy.
4. Mix in the egg, crystallized ginger, and molasses.
5. Slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
6. Use a one tablespoon cookie scoop to form balls of dough.
7. Roll balls in granulated sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared sheet pans.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are puffed and the bottoms are lightly browned.
© Copyright Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts