Use a bunch of leafy green Farmers’ Market spinach to make this elegant, savory soufflé recipe. For those with more of a sweet tooth try our hot chocolate soufflé recipe!
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground white pepper
4 large eggs, separated
½ cup crumbled feta
¾ cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup spinach, wilted, chopped and squeezed dry
- Lightly butter and dust six, 6 oz. ramekins with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in saucepan, whisk in flour and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in seasoning.
- Heat milk in a separate saucepan until scalded. Whisk milk into flour mixture and cook until thick and bubbling.
- Add in cheese and mix until cheese is melted.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk the yolks and pepper. Add some of the cheese mixture and whisk. Add the egg mixture back into the cheese mixture.
- Add spinach and mix until combined.
- Place whites into a mixing bowl and whip whites with salt until moist peaks.
- Fold into the base in two stages.
- Fill ramekins and place into a preheated 400°F oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until when lightly pressed in the center, it is firm.
If you are interested in attending a Pastry Arts Program, contact our campuses for more information:
1.866.552.2433 Austin Campus
1.877.249.0305 Boulder Campus