Tzatziki is a Greek yogurt-based sauce, a perfect complement to crisp pita chips, fresh vegetables, falafel or grilled chicken.
Makes about 4 cups
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ Serrano pepper, seeded and minced
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Squeeze the grated cucumber, pressing it hard between your hands to extract most of its juices.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber with the garlic, pepper, and yogurt.
- Stir in fresh dill, 1 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 tsp. salt.
- Taste, adding additional lemon juice, salt and/or pepper, as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
If you are interested in attending Pastry or Culinary School, contact our campuses for more information:
1.866.552.2433 Austin Campus
1.877.249.0305 Boulder Campus