Skip to content
Shelly Travers Smith
Instructor, Holistic Nutrition & Wellness
Favorite Dish: Risotto
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Shelly Travers Smith
Shelly is a nutrition expert and registered dietitian with over 20 years of industry experience. She’s used her expertise to develop and teach lessons on nutrition at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, served as a public health nutrition program director, and currently teaches Holistic Nutrition and Wellness programs at Escoffier.
Shelly has been devoted to public health initiatives throughout her career, and was a Model Practice winner in 2020 for the WIC Food Bank Collaboration. Her professional work as a health & wellbeing coordinator at the School District of Manatee County in Florida helped to pass wellness initiatives to improve community health outcomes. She also enjoys giving back to her community as a volunteer by serving area food banks.
Passionate about sharing her nutrition expertise with students, she aims to inspire them to bravely pursue their goals.
Honors, Awards & Affiliations
- Level 1 Sommelier, Guild of Master Sommeliers
- Certificates in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management and Adult Weight Management
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- NACCHO Model Practice winner 2020 for WIC Food Bank Collaboration
- Member, American Dietetic Association
- Nutrition Instructor, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, Orlando, FL
- Nutrition Instructor, University of Tampa and Southern Tech College, Tampa, FL
- Health & Wellbeing Coordinator for School District of Manatee County, Bradenton, FL
- Nutrition Education Manager at Orange County Public Schools, Orlando, FL
- Public Health Nutrition Program Director, State of FL Dept of Health, Bradenton, FL
- Clinical Dietitian, Tampa, FL
- Research Dietitian, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Food Service Auditor, EcoSure, Naperville, IL
- Assistant Food Service Director, long term care and hospital based, Tampa, FL
- Masters of Public Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Bachelors of Science Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
Reading, making stained glass, cooking, and baking!