Culinary Arts Program
The 40-week Culinary Arts Program is a comprehensive curriculum that takes a purposeful approach to developing culinary skills by teaching a technique based production in a team format.
We have small class sizes and provide individualized attention. From the first day of classes, you will be introduced to a industry-current professional kitchen where you will be taught to prepare classic Ecoffier recipes as well as those that reflect current trends throughout the culinary world.
The curriculum also includes a 3-week, off-site Farm To Table® Experience, during which you will have the opportunity to experience the passion and commitment local family farmers and artisan producers have for sustainable farming practices.
- Introduction to System of Creation where students will be taught the strategy and discipline of creating successful culinary preparations.
- Over 50 Escoffier Le Guide Culinaire recipes will be used to demonstrate basic techniques and methods.
- Introduction to Kitchen Management skills and daily bread baking utilizing a rotating schedule
- Explore the concepts, skills, terminology and methods involved in classic professional cooking techniques.
- Dine together with classmates and Chef Instructors as you discuss, critique and evaluate each menu item.
- Hone your knife skills, develop a sauce repertoire and experience the art and science of perfect seasoning.
- Farm experience exposes students to local, alternative food sourcing, artisan food production and the principal idea of understanding where our food comes from.