Makes 3 cups
1 ½ cups whole almonds
1 ½ cups pecan halves
1 large egg white
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
- Add in sugar and spices to egg and whisk to combine.
- Add in nuts and stir until coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer onto a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and use a spatula to stir nuts, so that they bake evenly.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and transfer nuts onto a cool baking sheet. Let cool completely before storing or serving.
If you are interested in attending Culinary or Pastry School, contact our campuses for more information:
1.866.552.2433 Austin Campus
1.877.249.0305 Boulder Campus