Sometimes the simplest things in life are also the best. This traditional sponge cake gets a little bit of a reboot with a fruit jam and whipped cream filling. Dust the outside with powdered sugar and serve it at room temperature.
Torta di Marmellata Recipe:
200 gr butter
200 gr sugar
200 gr flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
As needed jam (raspberry, strawberry, apricot)
As needed whipped cream
1) Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2) Incorporate eggs one at a time.
3) Fold in flour and baking powder.
4) Bake in a prepared 9″ cake pan at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes
5) Allow to cool. Split in half and fill with jam and whipped cream, dust with powdered sugar.
6) Serve at room temperature.
Craving more? Check out our culinary school recipes.