Chef Dan Bearss, Chef Instructor at Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts shares his flavorful Chili Lime Grilled Chicken recipe paired with Salsa Tatemada that is perfect for summertime.
- 2 each Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Combine all ingredients minus chicken breasts and whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Place 2 breasts in a ziploc bag and pour marinade into the bag with the breasts. Remove as much air as possible and shake to spread the marinade around the chicken breasts evenly.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Turn the grill to medium heat on one half and low heat on the other half. Clean and oil the grill.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the bag and place them on the grill at a 45-degree angle. After grill marks are achieved turn 90 degrees (about 2-3 minutes). Flip the grilled breast over to the ungrilled side and place on the low heat side at 45 degrees. After about 4-5 minutes, turn 90 degrees. Cook until the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees farenheight.
- Move to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing so that the juices may settle. Serve in taco shells, in a burrito, or over rice topped with the salsa tatemada.
- 4 each Fresh Roma Tomatoes, core removed
- 2 each Serrano Peppers, seeded and destemmed
- 1 each Onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 each Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- To taste Kosher Salt
- To taste Black Pepper, ground
- With either a grill, pan, or oven, char tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chiles until blistered and blackened all around.
- Let cool.
- Place charred vegetables in the blender and blend until smooth and pureed.
- Season to taste and garnish with cilantro.
Check out these recipes next: